If you've visited a child care facility, or if you are already enrolled, and you have a concern about your provider, please contact your local licensing worker.

You may also fill out an online complaint form. Remember, your licensing worker cannot investigate your concern if you do not inform them!

Family/Group Licensing Regulations

Child Care Center Regulations

Child Care Inspection Reports: Licensing Web Portal

For Families

Finding Child Care

When You're Concerned

Child Care Resource and Referral programs help families find and evaluate child care, learn about child care regulations, and develop an understanding of child care services.

Family Connections Montana, a child care resource and referral program located in Great Falls, is the center for child care referrals for the state of Montana. Fill out an online child care need form or contact a referral specialist directly to find child care in your area that may meet your needs. A referral specialist can be reached at 1-855-406-CARE (2273).

Please know that Family Connections does not recommend one program or provider over another, nor do they ensure vacancies within a facility. However, they encourage every parent to contact the child care licensor in your area about all facilities being considered.

Allchild care resource and referral offices can help you prepare to interview or visit a child care facility for the first time. All agencies have information on child development, quality child care, and more!

Paying for Child Care

The Best Beginnings Child Care Scholarship is a program that helps working families pay for child care. Available from every child care resource and referral office in Montana, the scholarship is available to working families whose income is at or below 150% of Federal Poverty Guidelines, or who receive Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF). Families receiving the scholarship must use licensed, registered, or legally certified child care, and participate in the cost of child care by paying a monthly copayment based on income.